Cider and the sea, with lunch at a cider house on the way out of San Sebastián
Discover the link between whaling and cider and taste the cuisine linked to this, visiting museums, taking a boat trip and having a meal at a cider house.
We'll begin the experience in San Sebastián with a guided tour of the Aquarium and a boat trip on the stunning bay of La Concha and its surrounding area to learn from our guide all about the historical link between cider and the Basque coastline around San Sebastián.
We'll leave San Sebastián behind to travel to the small town of Astigarraga, either by car or on public transport, where we'll visit the cider museum, the ideal place to get to know the culture of cider in the Basque Country. Naturally, we'll be able to enjoy an authentic cider house meal: cod, cod omelette, T-bone steak, Idiazabal cheese and walnuts, and above all plenty of cider. In the company of a guide, you'll discover the secrets of the ritual of "txtotx" (cider from the barrel).
- Includes: Bisita gidatua sagardoetxean, Euskal Sagardoaren Museoan.
Paseo gidatua itsasontzian, Kontxako badian
Bisita gidatua Aquariumean. (Alorrenea)
- Do not includes: Does not include travel to the location of the experience
Transfer from San Sebastián to Astigarraga not included; clients must organise their own travel, either in a private vehicle or on public transport.
- Minimum & Maximum of participants: Ez dago ez maximorik
- Duration: 4 hrs 30 min
- When to go: From June to September
- Languages: Basque, Spanish, English and French
- Important Notes: Only the 10.00am time slot is available on Sundays.